Throwback Thursday

November 30, 2017

Remember when love letters used to be the real deal?

Throwback to when Nigerian girls used to fall for love letters and romantic notes.

Long before chats on Facebook, BBM and Whatsapp, before sliding into DMs became a trend, Nigerian guys have always gotten babes to fall head-over-heels in love with them.

From the classrooms of King's College to the dorms of Queen's college; from the hostels of Obafemi Awolowo University to the academic areas in UNILAG and UNIBEN, guys were perfecting and using a certain technique to get the prettiest girls falling for them.
Today, we throwback to those days in the '80s and 90s when using letters to toast babes was the coolest way to get them falling in love with you.

To get the sweetest-looking, pretty girls, whether in a secondary school or on a university campus, guys would compose some sweet words, which often looked like what we have recreated below...
Dear Sandra,
How are you? I hope everything is going well? If so doxology [some guys preferred to use the word 'ditto' here]
I pick up my pen, flowing with the ink of my heart, and I write on the blank pages of my affection.

I want to let you know that every time I see you, or when you pass by with your friends, I always feel my heart beating faster.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.